Health Sector Provider
BSC was engaged by healthAlliance to develop and implement the technical solution design, technical upgrade strategy, and provide technical consulting and support for a critical eBusiness Suite R12 upgrade project. The project scope was to upgrade an existing shared service Oracle eBusiness Suite environment to the latest software releases to enable future convergence projects.
- Technical solution design for Oracle eBusiness Suite R12 deployment to meet the scalability and high availability requirements of the business.
- Development and delivery of migration and upgrade methodology from legacy RH Linux environment (R11.5.9 & 9.2 RAC RDBMS) to R12/11gR2 RAC on Oracle Enterprise Linux.
- Technical input to customisation migration requirements to utilise the High Availability features of the new platform.
- Development and deployment of project environment migration path and operational support procedures.
- Technical input and development of testing plans and project delivery plans.
- Support and mentor onsite DBA team for the duration of the project and provide post go-live support.
- Consult and provide input to project management on the scope and delivery of the project.
The technical design, testing and implementation of the Oracle eBusiness Suite environment provided a stable and scalable platform to support future growth. This complex upgrade project was delivered successfully and enabled the organisation to confidently plan the rollout of the system across additional business units.
As a result of our technical design and upgrade process the project successfully went live within the allocated maintenance window and production operations successfully commenced after the upgrade as planned. BSC provided a solution to a multi-pronged project and performed a complex upgrade and platform migration simultaneously on time and within the allocated budget.
BSC was engaged to provide the Oracle eBusiness Suite technical solution design that addressed the availability, scalability and performance requirements to accommodate future business growth. The key business requirements were to provide a scalable and stable platform to accommodate peak workload periods during the business cycle. The Oracle high availability design was required to accommodate local site failure and provide cross site redundancy to support the Business Continuity requirements.
- Requirements analysis including critical processes, peak workload periods, and required RPO and RTO to provide a scalable solution design that would be operationally efficient to maintain.
- High Availability architecture design for Oracle eBusiness Suite R12 deployment on Oracle RAC and Oracle Data Guard to meet the business continuity requirements.
- Design of workload management solution across the environment using Oracle RAC database services and virtual applications servers to meet disparate workload requirements. The solution provided enabled the organisation to allocate hardware resources to the system components as required.
- Knowledge transfer and mentoring for onsite DBA team around the Oracle eBusiness Suite R12 and Oracle RAC 11gR2 technology stack.
The project delivered a design solution to meet the current business requirements and enable growth over time through extending the eBusiness Suite platform and not having to go through an expensive design and procurement cycle to meet each new business requirement. The scalable design provides the opportunity for change and additions without the need for substantial rework or redesign. The BSC team used standard, proven technology to provide a solution to enable future business growth.
Financial Services Providor
BSC was engaged by the financial services providor to provide a database solution that supported the extremely high availability requirements of the business function and met the requirement for the planned deployment of additional functionality and system growth
- The BSC team was involved in the 3 phase project which included working with the organisations onsite team across a range of speciality functions.
- Phase I – Design and deliver a database platform to meet the stringent High Availability and performance SLA requirements of the business, engaged heavily with application technology and development resources to resolve complex design and performance tuning issues.
- Phase II – Provided support and consulting to the technology and development teams to resolve performance issues to ensure that the deployed functionality was successfully deployed in production with no impact to existing functionality and performed within the required SLA’s.
- Phase III – Involved in extensive tuning and extension of the existing design within the complex environment, designed and deployed a highly scalable database solution to accommodate the significant increases in volume implemented as a part of this phase of the project. The implemented solution allowed the business objectives to be achieved within the existing platform constraints.
The BSC team supported the organisations technology teams to successfully deliver the project to meet the compliance requirements. The program of work was implemented over several years and deployed in several phases. The database solution deployed met the processing requirements of the business. The solution provided the ability to scale the database layer to accommodate future workloads without requiring significant redesign.